21 February, 2010

Challenge #2: Silent Films (Sara)

Once again, just under the wire for mine!

Silence

Let's say this is one of the many silent films of old that are now lost to the ages, or sat, decomposing, in someone's attic. No one knows what the movie itself was like, but from its promotional materials it seems to have been about an epic battle between a growing city and the untouched, natural land it's replacing. Exciting! It's just a sketch for now, but I think I'll develop this into a poster later.

I've been revisiting a few of my old favorite silent flicks this week, and checking out a few I hadn't seen before (youtube's been wonderful for them). All the fantastic movies that have survived make me sad for the ones that haven't, like Theda Bara's Cleopatra. But there are still all those fantastic shots of her in costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment