28 February, 2010

Challenge #3: X (Fala)

People (namely, me) said I was predictable. So I proved them. Here we have . . . An X-Men VS. Brotherhood tic-tac-toe board (see that? I did I two-fer. Bow before my boundless cleverousity!).

Photobucket

Arrrr. Suffice it to say, this project started out fun, but wound up a headache and a half toward the very end owing to printing technicalities. Because we are SUCH good friends and I care so deeply for you lot, I shall spare you the toil and drudgery of the epic odyssey of FAIL I underwent toward the end of this, and simply say that in the end, the only inkjet printer available to me was running low on the C, the Y, and the K, hence why the pieces are all grossly M(agenta)-y.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The pieces are made of shrinky-dink plastic with the images printed on, and the little X's and O's on the back are made of felt. The X-men are the X's and the Brotherhood are the O's, naturellement.

And just so this post doesn't look like it is made of complete and utter fail, here's the original artwork, so you can see how the pieces were SUPPOSED to look.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, time is running out. This has been another episode of Exercises In Near Futility. Thank you, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment